Two weeks ago, we released the second version of our eBook “Stratospheric – From Zero to Production with Spring Boot and AWS“.
This release contains these new chapters on IAM, local development, and automated deployments:
- Managing Permissions with IAM – this chapter gives an overview of the concepts we can use with AWS in order to secure our resources and to authorize both individuals and applications to access them.
- Local Development Setup – this chapter explains how we can develop our cloud-based Todo application on our local machines without additional AWS costs.
- The Evolution of Automated Deployments – this chapter gives an overview of the most popular options to deploy an application to AWS – from manual deployments with the AWS Console to fully automated deployments with the Cloud Development Kit (CDK).
- First Steps with CDK – this chapter gives an introduction to the AWS Cloud Development Kit. By using CDK we can replace the YAML-based CloudFormation setup with actual Java code and never worry about indentation again.
Now that the eBook contains a few more chapters, we introduced book parts to improve the flow of reading:
- Part I is about the AWS basics required for deploying and running an application.
- Part II is about the specifics needed for developing the sample application.
- Part III will be about operations.